... and we have some amazing workshops to inspire and engage your children during the most exciting week of the year!!
FOSSILS | READY, STEADY, ROCKETS | MAKE A CLOCK
Each workshop is an hour long and we can come to your school or venue and do as many as you want!
Fossils take a LOONG time to form, luckily we'll be able to short cut the process.
* We'll be playing detective by looking at real fossils and working out what they used to be.
* Have fun making instant amber fossils with hot ice
* Create our own trace fossils
* Speed up the process of petrification by setting up an investigation for your class.
Your class will harness the power of acids and alkalis to make a timed canister rocket.
* They'll be investigating what they can do to change the rate of a reaction
* Then put it to use by designing and setting off canister rockets - who will get closest to the target time?!
Specially designed for older children, we're sticking right to the brief and making our own clocks to take home!
* First we'll have a look at gears to show we can use them to speed things up and slow them down.
* Then your class will build a clock using a quartz mechanism and their own unique clock face.
HOW MANY WORKSHOPS CAN WE HAVE?
That's up to you, we can come in and do a single session with one class or you can book a half or full day and we can do workshops with multiple classes.
DO ALL CLASSES HAVE TO HAVE THE SAME WORKSHOP?
No, each class can have the one that suits them best.
WE REALLY WANT TO DO SOMETHING FOR SCIENCE WEEK BUT WE DON'T WANT TO STICK THE THEME. DO WE HAVE TO HAVE THESE WORKSHOPS?
Absolutely not, all our other fun workshops are also available in BSW.
DO WE HAVE TO HAVE THE WORKSHOPS BETWEEN 8-17 MARCH?
No, we know that lots of schools do their science weeks at slightly different times so we can come and deliver these workshops whenever you like.